EDGE Grant Program
The Encouraging Development and Growth in Edgerton (EDGE) grant program has two opportunities that are intended to both stimulate and encourage exterior improvement projects for both residents and small business owners located in Edgerton, Kansas and also provide support for small business attraction and expansion. EDGE grants provide financial assistance to both residents and small business owners located within the corporate limits of Edgerton, Kansas.
The purpose of the Residential & Commercial Beautification Grant is to support the community’s revitalization by helping stimulate private investments in projects and improvements that enhance the appearance of our residential and small business community. The purpose of the Small Business Attraction and Expansion Grant is to provide private funds that help stimulate the growth of new Small Businesses within the City of Edgerton as well as assist existing small businesses continue to grow and expand their services within the Edgerton Community.
Program funding is provided by private funds from ElevateEdgerton!, the lead economic development organization for the City of Edgerton.
Residential & Commercial Beautification Grant
This program provides grant awards for a one-time annual reimbursement after project completion of 50% of the project costs not to exceed $500.
Who is eligible?
All residents, small business owners, and owners of property located within the City limits of Edgerton, KS are eligible to apply for grant funds. Projects are limited to exterior improvements that increase the attractiveness of a residence or business that faces a city street. Only one award per property.
- Exterior paint/siding
- New doors/windows
- New commercial signage
- Facade restoration
- Concrete work (sidewalks, driveways, front stoop)
- Roof or new additions*
- Purchase of rental of construction tools
- Lawn Maintenance equipment
- Tree trimming/removal
- Construction/replacement of fences
- Interior home improvements
- Insurance claim related projects
Small Business Attraction & Expansion Grant
This program provides grant awards for a one-time annual reimbursement not to exceed $2,500 for any new business or existing business.
Who is eligible?
All new small businesses who plan to locate in commercial property within city limits of the City of Edgerton (any new home-based daycare is eligible, but other home-based businesses are not eligible) OR all existing non-home-based small businesses located within city limits of the City of Edgerton.
- Renovation of commercial space to accommodate new business activity*
- Additional staff to provide expanded services or hours not currently provided
- Supplies to launch new business line
- Costs of permits or fees for approved projects
- Marketing costs associated with promoting the business (must include Edgerton, Kansas on any materials)
- Giveaway items that can be included in the New Resident Bag program
- Purchase or rental of construction tools related to renovation
*With required permits and inspections
Grant applications will be reviewed and judged by a committee consisting of the ElevateEdgerton! President, one ElevateEdgerton! Board member, and one City of Edgerton Planning Staff. Awards winners will be notified by the President of ElevateEdgerton!